What type of personal information do we collect?
When we say ‘personal information’ we mean identifiable information about you, relating to your:
- identity including your name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
- contact details including your address, email address and telephone numbers
- financial details including bank account and payment card details
- transaction details including details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have requested
- technical information including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites
- profile information including requests made by you, your feedback and survey responses
- usage information including information about how you use our website, facilities and services.
We may also collect any other information provided by you in connection with, or specifically related to your communications with us or your use of our services or facilities.
Your personal information is any piece of information about you. Your name, contact details, financial health, purchase records, anything that you can look at and say, ‘this is about me’.
When do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information when you, or someone acting on your behalf, provides information to us directly. For example, when you:
- correspond with us, whether in person, by letter, phone, text, email, instant messages or other means of electronic communication
- complete and submit forms we provide for the use of any of our services or facilities, including signing up for and using our online services and apps, such as our online payment services
- use any of our services or facilities • subscribe to our newsletter or update services
- follow or post comments in response to our social media or other facilities such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We only collect your personal information for a specific purpose connected with the services we provide. The purpose for collecting and using your information varies according to the services you are using. In general, we collect and process your personal information fairly under the following legal bases: with your consent, in the performance of a contract with you, and to comply with laws and regulations.
What information do we collect when you visit our websites?
When you visit one of our websites, we may use technology solutions such as “cookies” to provide you with better access to tailored information and services and to better serve you when you return to them.
We may collect, hold, and use statistical information about visits to help us improve our website, for instance:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages accessed and the links you clicked
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to our website
- your operating system (eg Windows XP, Mac OS X)
- the type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- the make and model number of mobile device used to visit our site
The information collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. IP addresses are masked so that they cannot be used to identify individuals.
Our internet service providers may also make a record of your visit and log information for statistical purposes. This information is only analysed on a bulk basis for broad demographic content. Individual use is not analysed. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information while using our website.
What do we use your personal information for?
The personal information that we collect from you, or someone acting on your behalf, may be used for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with services or facilities
- to positively confirm your identity. This is to avoid inappropriate release or use of your information
- to respond to correspondence or to provide you with information that you have requested
- to process your application to use or to register for any of our services or facilities, including our online services
- to respond to your requests, inquiries or feedback, or for customer care related activities
- to provide you with information about our events, news, services or facilities, or the events, news, services or facilities that we consider may be of interest to you
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations
- to carry out activities connected with the running of our business or operations such as personnel training or testing and maintenance of computer and other systems
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected
- to carry out surveys to improve our business processes and operations, based upon your feedback
- for general administrative and business purposes.
We only collect your personal information for a specific purpose connected with the services we provide.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with:
- any person engaged by us to provide products or services to you on our behalf, where your personal information is necessary for the provision of those products or services
- Other organisations, in order to assist with the functions and services that they provide
- a third party if we are required to do so under any laws or regulations, or in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations
- any person you authorize us to disclose your personal information to
- a third party who provides data hosting services who may be based in other countries such as Australia or the USA. Appropriate safeguards are put in place to ensure adequate protection of information.
How do we protect your personal information?
Looking after your information is our priority. We are committed to protecting your personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure it is:
- protected against loss, damage, misuse and unauthorized access. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals who need access to this information in order to assist us in performing our duties and obligations
- accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
How long will we keep your personal information?
The length of time we keep your personal information depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested).
We may retain all personal information that we collect (on both our active systems and our archive systems), for as long as administratively necessary, in accordance with our information retention policies and disposal schedule.
To determine the appropriate retention period of your information, we consider the nature, sensitivity, appropriate legal obligations, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized disclosure, the purposes for which we process your information and whether these purposes can be achieved though alternative means.
What if you do not want to provide the personal information requested?
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information about you that we request, we may not be able to adequately respond to your correspondence, process any applications you have submitted, provide the services or facilities you have requested, process payments or otherwise deal with any requests or enquiries you have submitted.
Looking after your information is our priority. We are committed to protecting your personal information.
What are your rights?
You own your personal information. You have the right to know what information we hold about you, to request a copy and to request that we correct your information if inaccurate. Your rights of access to and correction of any personal information we hold about you are subject to the procedures set out in the Privacy Act.
- Accessing your information or obtaining a copy of your information:
You may request confirmation of whether or not we hold any personal information about you and you may request access to your personal information that we hold. If you request to access your information, we take steps to confirm that you’re authorised to be given access. This might involve asking you some security questions and checking your identity documents.
Once we have verified your identity we will provide you with such confirmation and access unless one of the grounds for refusal to do so under the Privacy Act applies.
- Updating and correcting your information:
If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request changes to your personal information. If we agree that your personal information is to be corrected, we will provide you with an amended record of your personal information if requested.
If we do not agree that the information needs to be corrected, we’ll make note of your request on the disputed information as a “statement of correction”.
We will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible and no later than 30 working days after you make your request. Email us at email@example.com or use the postal address provided below.
Who can you contact for further information?
If you have any queries about personal information Papatuanuku Kokiri Marae has collected, please contact:
Papatuanuku Kokiri Marae Managers
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: 141R Robertson Road, Mangere East, Auckland 2024, New Zealand